Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

James

When I was in tenth grade, in the middle of the school year there was a new boy at school. I remember the day he came to school, and I remember that I wanted to go to school so badly that day but my sister was sick so i decided to stay home. I went to school the next day and I met James Richardson. 


I know you think this is lame but that day was the day that my life changed forever. That was the day I was introduced to the first boy I would ever love. He was such a great guy. He was hilarious he was sweet he was cute and he was nice to my parents. 


I remember the night I really started liking him. I was working at dairy queen at the time. It was my very first job, and my sister worked there, and I had helped my friend Carlie get a job there. That night I got to work with  Rebecca and Carlie. That only happened once, haha, and we were all having a blast, then I hear somebody say 'Rachel somebody wants to talk to you in the drive through,' I look over and it's James and his dad. I remember it like it was yesterday. He was like 'hey! I didnt know you worked here how are you?!" you know he was really nice, and then Rebecca and Carlie went to talk to him. Rebecca and Carlie both asked me if I liked him and I told them I didnt know. I thought he was cute.


Then the next day at school me and Carlie were walking around and James was like " hey Rachel, I saw you last night! That was some really good ice cream!" and he didnt say a word to Carlie. That was the first time Carlie hadnt stole the scene. It seemed like my whole life I was living in Carlie's shadow, and James talked to ME and not her. Even just that simple thing made me feel so special. 


Then it turned into something more. We were friends but not really good friends. I was too shy to reallly talk to him and he was too shy to talk to me. We went on a school trip together, and I remember my mom telling me that I needed to pray for him and then one night I just broke down and started crying I wanted James to be saved so badly. That's when I knew I loved him.


Its such a strange thing love. And, although it never really worked out with me and James I'm thankful for the experience. He was such a great guy. I just wish that I hadn' t ruined what little chance I had at being with James Richardson.

No comments:

Post a Comment