Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Drug Store Makeup Items

I love watching beauty videos on the internet, literally youtube is one of the best things I think has ever been invented. I love to watch all the looks the beauty gurus create but in the  end I can't do the same looks that they do because high end make up is just that HIGH end.. as in HIGH priced. I, like most college students my age, am on a budget and spending $30 on a bottle of foundation is just something I am not capable of doing. I don't believe that buying high end makeup is bad in fact if I had the money I would probably buy it myself BUT I don't. Just because I can't buy high end doesn't mean I can't rock the same looks. I shop most of my makeup at the drugstore and if there is something that I REALLY want I will save up or ask for it as a gift. So I am going to share with you some of my favorite essential makeup items that you can buy for a very reasonable price at the drugstore.




Foundation






Revlon Nearly Naked- I am in the lightest shade 110 Ivory (I'm pretty sure) and the foundation stays true to color it blends so nicely with my skin, it doesn't leave harsh lines where you can tell you have on makeup it is very flawless and seamless and I love this foundation.













Powder

Revlon Nearly Naked - I am the same shade in the powder as I am in the foundation. Powder is not something that I use much of because I already have dry skin I don't really find the need to put it on but when I do use it this is the one I go for. It blends very nicely with the foundation and into my skin. Other powders I have used before have left my skin looking well powdery.. I'm really not into that look. This one doesn't do that. It is very natural and I love the way it makes my skin look.













Bronzer


e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzer - I'm going to be completely honest with you here until just here recently bronzer was a very scary concept for me. I've seen girls with the orange sheen going on and that is NOT  a look I enjoy, so I was very scared to use bronzer. I've owned this bronzer well over a year and just never used it because I was too chicken. But the past couple of months I have been using this and loving it. I just put some on my cheek bones and blend blend blend blend blend did I mention I blend it? I blend it up to the corners of my forehead and down my neck so it looks more natural and this bronzer works very well for me. And a little FYI a little goes a loooooong way. You don't need much. 









Blush 



Maybelline FIT me!- light pink. I'm not even sure if they make this any more I have had this blush SO LONG, but just recently started using it. I have naturally really rosey cheeks so I have never really worn blush but I think that it is important to wear it because it really completes your face. This is the same as the bronzer you don't need much just the top of your cheek bones dab it on and blend blend blend. 









Eye Shadow



L'oreal Infallible 24 HR Eyeshadow- this shadow is in the color 892 Amber Rush which I love but it is not the only one I love. I literally love every single one of these I try. They last such a LONG time and they are very pigmented which is something that I love in an eyeshadow. Very beautiful and very long lasting.







Mascara



Revlon Lash Potion - I have never had a bad eyeliner. I think its one of those things you just can't go wrong with. I have a couple I am currently using Revlon lash potion and it is their new one with the grow serum I absolutely love. Maybelline makes good mascara too but my absolute favorite is Revlon. I think any mascara you buy from the drugstore will really do the trick for you. Just read and make sure wether you want one that lengthens or volumizes or even one that helps your eyelashes grow. Whatever you are looking for they are likely to have 












Lipgloss 


Revlon Colorburst - this one is in the color 018 fire. This lip gloss is really thick. when I am using sometimes I will just put a little on my bottom lip and blend it in with my finger if I am wanting a thinner look. It all depends upon your color preference for the day. I have worn this full  too without spreading it and it looks flawless you have no need for a lipstick because it is so pigmented and thick it lasts almost all day. 













Lip stick 


Covergirl Lip Perfection - this color is 405 Fairytale. This lipstick is very creamy which is something I like. I hate it when a lipstick dries out my lips and I end up having to apply more lip balm and then it just ruins the look. This one doesn't require that because it is so creamy it doesn't dry out. I love the consistency of the color and these are just like the lipgloss above where they are buildable. Sometimes I will put just a little of this and blend it in with my fingers and then put a little of the above lipgloss and it makes a beautiful color. I love creating new things and I like that these products allow me to mix and match to make new colors











Eyeliner


AVON Glimmersticks Chrome  - G12 Midnight Flash although avon is kind of hard to get ahold of unless you personally know someone who sells it the makeup it fabulous quality and extremely cheap I think I got four of these eyeliners for less than $10 and they have lasted me a long time. I like this liner because it is kind of like a cream but it is still in the pencil form so you have more control over it than you would a cream eyeliner but it slides on as smooth as cream does. Eyeliner is my go to makeup item I love to have swooped wing eyeliner everyday so I use ALOT of eyeliner and this is one of the drugstore brands that I continue to buy. 












Highlighter



Loreal MagicLumi Concealer corrector - 860 Fair this is technically a concealer BUT that is not how I use it. I use it to highlight my cheek bones, cupids bow, and the bridge on my nose. It kind of has this iridescent rose gold coloring to it. This is one of my favorite things that has ever been made. It is absolutely perfect no flaws the best highlighter you can buy.   














These are just some of the things I like to buy from the drugstore that work very well for me. Makeup is so fun and just because you don't have the means to buy the same makeup that others can buy doesn't mean that you can't have a fabulous look thats just as beautiful as those with higher end products. 

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I absolutely love ELF blush. I think I have every color! haha.

    www.daughterofasonofasailor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice and affordable .. That's always a plus haha

      Delete